Don Potter, President of Pinnacle Hospitality Systems shares some examples from his recent book, "Restauranteur - Protect Your Profits: Discover Restaurant Scams and Technology Solutions,” in a podcast hosted by Jaime Oikle at runningrestaurants.com.
This podcast gives insight into how unsuspecting restaurant operators can fall victim to scams from employees who manipulate inventory and labor. Don provides some warning signs of scams from his 30 years in the business and explains the benefits of fully utilizing a Point of Sale (POS) system to help restaurants protect their profits.
- The warnings signs for new and existing restaurant operators that they are being scammed
- How restaurants are losing profits and how they can protect themselves
- How bartenders steal from your restaurant
- How GM's and staff figure out your tolerance for losses
- What restaurants are not doing with their POS that they should be
- Getting labor management right to protect profits
- How to integrate new tech trends effectively into your restaurant
Don's book is available for purchase on Amazon here.